Duct Cleaning Provided by Sensigreen Heating & Air in Opelika, Auburn, Huntsville, & More
Dust mites, chemicals, pet dander — these are just some of the airborne contaminants that make the air inside most homes more polluted than outdoor air. Our duct cleaning services help keep the air you breathe healthy by ridding your HVAC system’s ductwork of harmful pollutants.
What’s In Your Ductwork?
Central HVAC systems operate like the lungs of your home. They exhale warm or cool air into your living spaces and inhale stale air for re-conditioning. Over time, these airways can become choked with the contaminants generated through your normal daily activities. Even something as simple as fixing a meal for your family releases minute particulates into the air. Items from cleansers to personal care products emit chemicals every time you use them. Furnishings such as pressed-wood cabinetry and synthetic carpets discharge pollutants more or less continuously. All these contaminants get pulled into the ductwork and re-circulated through your home 3 to 5 times per day.
Professional Duct Cleaning
At Sensigreen Heating & Air, our duct cleaning process begins with a video inspection of your ductwork. As certified Duct and Envelope Tightness (DET) technicians, we’re skilled in all matters related to air leakage and ductwork efficiency. Once we’ve established the state of your air ducts, we’ll get right to work.
- We remove all of the system’s registers and perform vent cleaning to ensure they’re free of dirt and contaminants.
- We use a specialized vacuum with a flexible hose and rotating brushes to dislodge pollutants from every corner and crevice.
- Once the ducts are scrubbed clean, we treat them with an anti-microbial spray registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Adding Up the Benefits
The EPA lists poor indoor air quality as one of the top five environmental risks to public health. Keeping your air ducts and vents clean helps keep your household healthy. It can also conserve energy and save you money.
- Poor airflow forces your HVAC system to cycle on more frequently to maintain your comfort.
- Dirty ducts drive up your energy bills, and they can also cause irreparable damage to critical components.
- Your heating and cooling systems will last longer and perform more efficiently with regular duct cleaning.
Most people are unaware that the air outside their home is often healthier than the air inside it. As experts in indoor air quality, we can help. We’re committed to making your home as healthy and comfortable as possible. To learn more about duct cleaning or schedule service, call Sensigreen Heating & Air today.