Increasing the energy efficiency of your home by sealing air leaks and adding sufficient insulation will not only help you save money on utilities every month; it will also literally make it easier to keep your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer. While the amount you can potentially save on heating and cooling varies depending on Climate Zone, the savings for residents in Alabama and all but the southernmost part of Georgia average 14 percent. If you live in Opelika, Auburn, Phenix City or Columbus, this is money you could be setting aside for the future or spending on something you enjoy today.
Ways That SucraSeal Spray Foam Can Enhance Your Comfort
In addition to its widely recognized value in saving you money by increasing the energy efficiency of your HVAC system, the ability of closed-cell polyurethane spray to create an effective thermal barrier around your home can improve your comfort in several significant ways:
- Increased heat retention in winter
- Reduced warm air infiltration in summer
- Less dust or pollen entering from outdoors
- Fewer entry points for insects or other pests
- Muted outdoor noise levels inside your home
- Fewer problems with humidity and mold growth
The spray foam used by Sensigreen also dries rigid, increasing the structural integrity of your home, while raising its value — two equally comforting thoughts.
How to Tell Whether Your Home Might Benefit from a Spray Foam Upgrade
If you’ve had difficulty keeping your home consistently warm in winter or cool in summer, SucraSeal Spray Foam may be the answer you need. Here are some specific clues to look for:
- Cold floors during the winter months
- Uneven heating from room to room
- Room(s) you can’t keep cool in summer
- Noticeable drafts in winter
Have Questions? Give Sensigreen a Call
Call (334) 366-9237 to learn more about how SucraSeal Spray Foam insulation can keep you more comfortable in winter and summer.