CDH Foundation Fundraising Events
In 2018, no mother should come home with empty arms because of the loss of a child. Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) has a prevalence of approximately 1 in 2500 births which is similar to spina bifida and cystic fibrosis. Unlike cystic fibrosis and spina bifida, very few have ever heard of CDH, there are no clear-cut causes and 50% of children who have this birth anomaly do not live to see their 1st birthday. The mission of the Sensigreen CDH Foundation is to raise awareness of this birth anomaly and to give financial support to families who reside in the state of Alabama to seek the best medical care and resources for their children who generally receive this diagnosis in utero at the 20 week anatomy ultrasound.
This year to help raise funds in an effort to support our CDH Families, we will be holding a “No-Show Mother’s Day Tea” and YOU are invited!
- From March 1st, 2018 through April 30th, 2018 we want to invite anyone and everyone to buy “tickets” to our “event”.
- Each ticket is $50. Everyone who purchases a ticket will get a T-shirt and will get one entry into our Grand Prize Drawing! Anyone can buy as many tickets as they would like for as many chances to win.
- What is the Grand Prize? We will draw for one luxury handbag of the winner’s choice up to a $1500 value. If we sell 1000 “tickets”, we draw for one bag. If we sell 2000 “tickets” we draw for 2 bags and so on.
- If we sell 1000 tickets, there will be additional prizes. 2nd place will be a $750 gift card to the retailer of your choice! 3rd place will be a $500 gift card to the retailer of your choice! We will also give away 7 $100 Visa Gift Cards. Again, for every thousand tickets sold will be another set of these prizes.
- We will draw live on Facebook at 11am on Friday, May 11th, 2018 and announce our winner(s) then.
According to Auburn University’s Women’s Philanthropy Board, we know that women control the majority of the philanthropic donation decisions made in the US each year. We want to give the women and moms in the state of Alabama the opportunity to begin being a catalyst for change for the children affected by CDH each year.
If you are part of a women’s group that is looking for programming in March and April, please contact Amy Wadsworth Register to come and share with your group how they can help CDH families in our state. If your group participates in our “No-Show Mother’s Day Tea” we will give a percentage of ticket sales to the charity of your choice.
More 2018 fundraising events coming soon. Check back often for upcoming events.